We currently have the following vacancies within our school:
We are looking for a hardworking, honest, dependable, enthusiastic person who has pride in their work to join our School team as Site Manager with a view to start as soon as possible. The post is for one year initially with a view to become permanent.
You will be required to:
- Maintain the school premises in order to keep the inside and outside environments in a good state of repair;
- Have an ability to work to a high standard under own initiative and as part of a team;
- Be a primary key holder available to attend site out of normal working hours as and when required;
- Provide access to premises and arrange emergency repairs out of school hours;
- Hold significant experience or skills in a trade;
- Perform a wide range of caretaking duties, working closely with the Health and Safety Lead and Office staff;
- Support the Headteacher to ensure that the school is compliant with Health and Safety, as well as safeguarding requirements on a day to day basis;
- Undertake cleaning tasks as agreed and required;
- To oversee any maintenance contractors onsite making sure safeguarding procedures and requirements are adhered too and best practice is achieved;
- Ability to prioritise workloads in a busy school environment;
- Be punctual and have a firm commitment to the School and its values.
In return, we can offer:
- A dedicated, supportive team of professional colleagues and governors;
- Friendly, energetic pupils who respect the learning environment and the people who help them;
- A school that values your commitment to our pupils and will support your professional development;
- A warm and welcoming environment.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible regarding working hours and have good communication skills in order to liaise with tradesmen and staff. Previous caretaking experience desirable.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and there will be a need for the successful applicant to be DBS checked.
Visits are very welcome by appointment with our School Office: 01763 271717.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 15th April 2018 at 12 noon
Date of Interviews: Wednesday 18th April 2018
Salary Scale: H4 – H6 dependent on experience (£17,772 - £23,398)
Hours: 37 hours per week – 52 weeks per year – 24 days holiday per year
Further details and an application form can be found at www.teachinherts.com or, alternatively please contact the School Office on 01763 271717.
Early Years Practitioners / Teaching Assistants
We are seeking to appoint two Early Years Practitioners / Teaching Assistants to work in our Early Years Team as Key Workers. They would also assist in the Nursery Lunch Club provided by Little Stars each day. They should have or show a willingness to work towards NVQ3 or equivalent in Children’s Care, Learning and Development. These posts are both part time, fixed term contracts for one year initially with a view to become permanent.
The two positions available consist of different hours of work. The Reception post is 8:30am to 3:30pm Monday to Friday (30 hours per week). The Nursery post is every morning 8:30am to 11:45am Monday to Friday (16.25 hours per week). Both positions will include appropriate planning, preparation and assessment time in addition to the stated hours.
The roles require a friendly and efficient person. They must have good communication skills and be able to work as part of a team. The posts are available to start on Monday 23rd April 2018 or as soon as possible, subject to satisfactory references and DBS checks.
Millfield was judged an ‘outstanding school’ in Feb 09. We offer excellent facilities, a professional and friendly staff and happy well behaved pupils.
Millfield First & Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and there will be a need for the successful applicant to be DBS checked. Visits to the School are welcome. Please contact the School Office on 01763 271717.
Please state in your application which post/s you are applying for.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 17th April 2018 at 9:00am
Interviews: Friday 20th April 2018
Salary Scale: H3 (approx £8.41 gross per hour)
An Information and Online Recruitment Website for Schools within Hertfordshire can be found online at www.teachinherts.com