We currently have the following vacancy within our school.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) - Cover Teacher
We are seeking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (approx. 18 hours per week) ideally on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday term time only (8:45am to 3:15pm) to work across the school. This is a fixed term contract for one year with potential to become permanent.
They will need to be a friendly and efficient person. They must have good communication skills and be able to work as part of a team. The post will be available as soon as possible.
We offer excellent facilities, a professional and friendly staff and happy well behaved pupils.
The right Higher-Level Teaching Assistant must have experience of the primary curriculum, strong behaviour management and pastoral skills, you must also have experience in planning and delivering interventions.
Desirable Candidate Requirements:
- Confident in your own ability and academic background
- Good knowledge primary curriculum, strong behaviour management and pastoral skills
- Previous experience of planning and leading group interventions
- Previous SEND experience
- Must be able to motivate pupils
- Have confidence and ability in themselves to effectively teach a class
- Led by a supportive Senior Leadership Team
- Supportive expertise - Plenty of CPD opportunities
- Effective and creative ethos throughout the whole School
Millfield First & Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and there will be a need for the successful applicant to be DBS checked. Visits to the School are welcome. Please contact the School Office on 01763 271717.
Closing date for applications: Monday 9th December 2019 at 9:00am
Interviews: Monday 16th December 2019
Salary Scale H4.1 (approx. £9.94 gross per hour)
An Information and Online Recruitment Website for Schools within Hertfordshire can be found online at www.teachinherts.com