Our equality vision and the values that underpin school life
Our School Aims:
Our school provides a broad, balanced, relevant education, based on the National Curriculum. All our children, whatever age, sex, gender identity, race, ability, cultural background or religion, are guided to achieve their full potential in the areas of knowledge, skills and personal development.
The Aims and Purposes of Learning in our school are to:
- Provide all our children with a safe and happy school in which learning is valued as an enjoyable experience.
- Provide a stimulating and well-resourced environment so that high standards can be reached.
- Encourage a sense of community within the school, which promotes mutual responsibility, further developed by involvement in the wider community.
- Work with children to develop an awareness of self, sensitivity and tolerance towards others, respecting and appreciating each other’s feelings, views and capabilities.
- Help children to further develop moral values, and the confidence to make and hold moral judgements, developing habits of self-discipline and acceptable behaviour.
- Create an environment where children appreciate the satisfaction to be gained from hard work, persistence, and personal achievement.
- Encourage children to extend their range of interests and natural enthusiasm, allowing them to develop as individuals, with confidence and self-esteem.
- Promote and strengthen the bonds between school and home, believing that children’s needs are best served by close co-operation between staff, parents and children.
- Help children develop the social skills required to establish good relationships with other children and adults, in work and play situations, working co-operatively together.
- Ensure that all children have access to equal learning opportunities, and through example, are encouraged to form ideas that are not based on pre-judgement, or stereotyping.