Welcome to the Elm and Olive Year Group Page
Meet the Year 1 Teaching Team for 2023-24:
Welcome to Year 1. We are looking forward to all the exciting learning we will be doing this year.
- PE is twice a week. Our allocated days are Wednesday and Friday each week. The children will need to wear PE kits for these sessions. Please send your child to school in their PE kit on their allocated days.
- We will aim to change the children's reading books twice a week on a Monday and Thursday and the children will also get the opportunity to choose a library book every fortnight.
- Please provide your child with a plastic water bottle (no metal).
- Each child will get a reading challenge card attached to their reading diary. When they have read, a star can be signed. Once the booklet has been filled it can be handed into their class and they will get a certificate.
- Each week we will upload some of your child's learning onto Tapestry, this is so you can see the learning that your child is completing in the afternoons and can be used as a conversation starter at home.
- Each week we will post the learning for next week on a tab on this page. Please check this weekly as it will contain the key learning for Year 1, as well as links and ideas to help you support your child at home.