Welcome to the Elm and Olive Year Group Page
Welcome to Year 1. We are looking forward to all the exciting learning we will be doing this year.
Reading Challenge Card
Today in Olive and Elm class we followed instructions to make a bread and butter pudding. The children had the opportunity to taste their fantastic puddings and really enjoyed them! By the children's request, we have uploaded the instructions that we followed (above) and included the recipe for anyone who wishes to make a bread and butter pudding of their own at home (below).
Miss Phillips and Mrs Franks
Ingredients for Bread and Butter Pudding:
1. Preheat oven to 190 c / Gas mark 5. Lightly grease a baking dish.
2. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
3. Butter 5 slices of bread, cut in half.
4. Layer the bread in the dish adding handful of sultanas and the sugar mix as you go, covering each slice.
5. Mix the milk and eggs together and whisk.
6. Pour over the bread and leave to absorb for 10 minutes.
7. Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, until the pudding is set and browned.