Hello! My name is Beth Taylor and I am the Family Support Worker at Millfield School.
My role in school is to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. I can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child's education, behaviour and wellbeing. I am also here as someone to talk to if you need it!
I can meet with you in school at a time to suit yourself. Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can help you to work out how to find them!
Support for pupils includes:
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- providing therapeutic one-to-one support and group support
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liaising with a range of external services such as Wellbeing and Social Care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, special educational needs, school places and benefits
- attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
How to get in touch:
- I am normally based in school every morning from 8.30am and can be available in the afternoons by arrangement.
- Please call the school on 01763 271717 and select Inclusion team on the menu to speak to me or leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
- I can also be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org